Monday, June 22, 2009

Month Recap

Well apparently I haven't upload any pictures, or posted any posts for over a month now. As I predicted when I created this blog, the posts would become daily, to every other day, to weekly, to monthly. I suppose the next post would be next year? Who knows. Anyway, a recap.

I went to Cali two weeks ago. From the airport, we went to...Chinese buffet, international market where we bought a bunch of mangos, Ross, Walmart, some yogurt place, then finally to my uncle's house. We then went to my brother's house, where I got to meet his roommates, then I went to get boba and meet with my cousin's friends, then crashed a study session at my cousin's church just to chill...everyone was studying for their finals. We went to some house and I met more people. Stayed til 3, which is 6 EST...intense first day.

As for the rest of the days, I went to Disney Land for free cause my cousin works there. We also stayed at a Marriott for an undisclosed price...my cousin got a great hookup. I got to see Jen's place. They're pretty messy for girls...even I could do better. We got to see a friend in LA for a bit. I got to drive back to SD halfway cause my cousin got tired. The roads there physically suck...it's just the base, which entails a very bumpy ride. Traffic is strange too; I go 70 mph, then suddenly I stop. Then I go back to 70, then screech on the brakes to stop. No accidents at all. On Saturday I went to Body Rock, a dance competition including groups such as Kaba Modern, Boxcuttahs, So Real, Choreo Cookie, and Poreotics. I suck at dancing, but now I'm inspired to learn. Sunday I went to church with my bro. Monday I flew back...stopped by Phoenix, AZ for two hours. I wish I could've visited Linda...she's like 25 minutes away. But she probably would've been sleeping or playing WOW. Then I went home.

Last week I just helped with an all nighter for the youth in my church. We went through 1 John 2:1-17...four intense lessons, except for Kuya John's lesson; it was pretty much straight-forward. We learned about obeying God's commands with the right motive, which is love. We also looked how our actions should follow what we preach. If we say that we are in the light yet walk in darkness, we phail. I don't think that's an exact quote, but it's something like that. So we do good works not to be saved, but to prove our love for God. We had plenty of games...the most intense one was hide and seek in the dark; Matt Wulff and I were running everywhere. Oh, and the microphone effects are awesomely scary.

I helped with the music yesterday. It's encouraging to hear the church raise their voices in unison (or sometimes just make a joyful noise). Next week we plan to have the youth join in to help with the Sunday music. As for today, I got to study for some internship. I have an intense few weeks ahead of me. I hope I don't lag too far behind...

Thoughts? I feel like jumping on pianos and smashing guitars.







An old pic of Kuya John's basketball game, where he got crushed. Very unfortunate. "Wala!"

2 comments:

  1. =( to jumping on pianos and smashing guitars

    Lucky you went to Cali! I'm leaving for Cali for a week starting this friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha great you actually read the post, yeah I said right after reading one of yours, I'm such a jerk huh...and no I wouldn't really do that, it's a waste

    Have fun in cali

    ReplyDelete